Re: UPDATE: thunderbird-0.8

Damien Miller wrote:
It doesn't work for me. After it pops up the import dialog, I just get the following:

$ mozilla-thunderbird
*** nsExtensionManager::_disableObsoleteExtensions - failure, catching exception so finalize window can close

The main window never pops up and the last message just repeats ever two seconds or so. I have left it for 15 minutes without change.

This is with .thunderbird removed, though it makes no difference if I leave my 0.8 one there.

I had the same problem on i386/3.6 - 1709 snapshot, solved by running as root with a clean profile once, subsequent user runs work more or less fine for now, some encoding weirdness noticed with replies.

I am able to run with my old 0.5 settings, I no prior extensions, although it uses up to 60 megs of ram and peaks at 70% cpu on an athlon 700.

I will try with a clean profile to see if this changes anything.

-mike