when are snapshot packages updated

Hi

I'm waiting on a package in which the port was just
updated.  Will this be soon?  Maybe I'm the opposite
of most people, but I find packages far easier to work
with for production systems than ports.  I believe the
main source tree has been out of lock for a couple
weeks now, and OS snapshots are starting to appear but
the latest packages snapshots is 09.03.  How long
before the packages are freshly compiled and start
showing up in the snapshots dir?  I've just started
running snapshots mostly in the last six months, so
I'm not familiar if there is a large lag between the
two trees

thanks