[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: new to openbsd...ports tree is missing??
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: new to openbsd...ports tree is missing??
- From: Morten Liebach <m_(_at_)_mongers_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 00:29:52 +0159
- Mail-followup-to: Morten Liebach <m_(_at_)_mongers_(_dot_)_org>, ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On 2004-09-03 09:13:44 -0500, Jason Sidabras wrote:
> Bob Ababurko wrote:
> > The question I have, working with FreeBSD, I really dig the ports
> >collection and I don't seem to have it on my install. I installed via
> >ftp(v 3.5) and installed everything except the X specific packages.
> >Is this the norm? Is there anything I can do to have the ports
> >collection installed via ftp install? Can someone tell me where I can
> >find the info on how to install the ports tree as I think it is
> >called. I would appreciate any help in this respect.
> $ cd /usr/ports
Just cd /usr.
The checkout will create the 'ports' dir.
> $ cvs -q -d anoncvs_(_at_)_some_(_dot_)_anon_(_dot_)_server:/cvs up -r OPENBSD_3_5 -Pd
Have a nice day
http://m.mongers.org/ -- http://gallery.zentience.org/
Visit your host, monkey.org