Re: `fully loaded system' test

* Marc Espie [2004-08-27]:
> One first step that can be done by dedicated people right now/after 3.6
> is an audit of the ports tree for LOCALBASE/PREFIX cleanliness: we have
> all the tools to build stuff with a distinct LOCALBASE, but we don't know
> for sure which ports expect to be built under /usr/local.

Not only ports, our infrastructure expects LOCALBASE=/usr/local in
several places. This can easily be patched, though, feel free to contact
me for patches that once worked. Another issue are perl and imake. As
long as you intend to change PREFIX and LOCALBASE to a *fixed* new
directory, you just have to change perl and imake accordignly.

Nikolay

Visit your host, monkey.org