Re: update: nessus-2.0.12

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 14:58:42 -0400
brad_(_at_)_comstyle_(_dot_)_com (Brad) wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 07:18:42PM +0200, Srebrenko Sehic wrote:
> > I know about the freeze and only critial updates should go in,
> > but this update fixes a lot of stability/freeze problems I've
> > had with the in-tree version on -current.
> >
> > It whould be nice if this got in the tree. Tested on -current/x86.
> > Works fine.
> >
> > Please test, comment and commit.
> >
> > http://www.insecure.dk/openbsd/nessus.2.0.12.diff
> >
> > // haver
>
> It is just too late for this, we'll put this in after unlock.
>
> // Brad

I think 3.6 isn't release or?
So it's not too late in my mind.
As he said: It fixe serval freezes and I had some of them also.
It's like the PHP-"Shit" here in the port's-list.
Even the new Version fixed serval critical bugs it wont be include in
the stable-ports (for a long time). But rsync was updated...
So don't make a difference ;)

Critical for me is: Servercrash (freeeeeeeeeze), remote-root, local-root
So if any update fix such "errors" include it..
Maybe a systemcrash is the ultra stable version for some guys because
nobody can hack a frozen OS... 'sarcasm ends right now' :-)

Thank you