[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SMTP-Vilter, spam unchecked
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: SMTP-Vilter, spam unchecked
- From: Björn Ketelaars <bjorn_(_dot_)_ketelaars_(_at_)_hydroxide_(_dot_)_nl>
- Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:44:21 +0200
Per-Olov Sjöholm wrote:
I think "vilter-spamd" should be included in the header as you said (if uou
use it). Are you by the way using clamd (as we can see it in the header)?
Yes, I am using Clamd. Nothing to complain about...a great package!
I use a setup like yours for myself and for many customers as well:
OpenBSD 3.5 stable, smtp-vilter 1.1.5, clamav 075-1 and spamassasin 2.63 +
razor from stable ports (razor needs a patch) is what I install at customer
sites right now. And we use it for very high volumes at one site without any
How about rights in the chroot ?
And I assume your milter timeouts in sendmail are hight enough ?
The timeouts in vilter-spamd.conf ?
The timeouts in vilter-clamd.conf ?
I'm not running SMTP-Vilter in a chrooted enviroment. Most probably not
the most sane action, but I want to make sure that the non-chrooted
setup works perfect before I move up a level higher (chrooted). I #'ed
out the option and adjusted the different options to the non-chrooted
situation. The point is that 'just' 3% of all the test-mails is being
checked by clamd but not by spamd. This means that 97% is checked
*perfectly* by both clamd and spamd!
Timeouts Sendmail => T=C:10m;S:20s;R:20s;E:10m
Timeout vilter-spamd => 10s
Timeout vilter-clamd => 10s
I have been using a setup like this (sendmail, smtp-vilter, spamassassin,
clamd) through serveral versions of the different softwares and have NEVER
seen an error like this,
So I think it's either a miss configuration or an OpenBSD "current" error (if
you use current).
I use all defaults from OpenBSD 3.5 stable and its ports + the extra
smtp-vilter port from www.etc.msys.ch and the clamav ports from
http://www.fatbsd.com/openbsd/clamav. And as said I have never seen a
I'm using the same setup and the same ports as you (minus razor that
Spamassassin 2.64 is newer than what I have used. My guess *could* be that
spamassassin 2.64 is the problem. BUT.. the mail thread you refer to uses
spamassassin 2.55 and smtp-vilter 1.1.4. So at the end I think it is a miss
configuration or an OpenbSD "current" issue and NOT a spamassassin or
smtp-vilter issue. But that is my guess without knowing more about your
Config files are needed to make a better guess.
Visit your host, monkey.org