[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: gettext breakage
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: gettext breakage
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:28:00 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.ports
Marc Matteo <marcm_(_at_)_lectroid_(_dot_)_net> wrote:
> > Brad asked me to do a test package build run after removing the
> > shared lib inter-library dependency on libiconv from libintl.
> Why? Not knocking the idea... just curious as to the motivation.
Because it is OpenBSD Ports Tree Policy to remove inter-library
dependencies. The reason for that is that inter-library dependencies
don't work for static linking. (libtool apparently has some magic
to resolve this at link time, or we would suffer way more on static
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de