Re: freevo port

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 07:45:13PM +0200, Michael Schmidt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've attached my first port. It's freevo and 2 dependencies which are at
> the moment not in the ports. It's a very basic Makefile, I'm sure that
> there is more possible...
>
> freevo iss PVR-System like mythtv - mainly written in python.
>
> Please test it.
>
> http://people.freenet.de/umaxx/Twisted.tar.gz
> http://people.freenet.de/umaxx/mmpython.tar.gz
> http://people.freenet.de/umaxx/freevo.tar.gz

A couple quick comments/questions about Twisted; I've just started
looking at these.

You should include a 'distinfo' file -> make makesum.

Does Twisted have a real HOMEPAGE?  If not, you don't need to have
it defined.  Oh, http://www.twistedmatrix.com/products/twisted.

Why are you using an old rc for Twisted?  The latest is 1.3.0.

The COMMENT and DESCR for Twisted should be a bit more descriptive.

Does Twisted work with any version of Python?  It might not hurt
to define MODPY_VERSION.

--
<jakemsr_(_at_)_jakemsr_(_dot_)_com>