[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
postfix and procmail
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: postfix and procmail
- From: franciszek holop <fred_(_at_)_pentacom_(_dot_)_sk>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:36:35 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
i am trying to use postfix with procmail.
the ports install fine, but i noticed that
because postfix doesn't run as root (of course)
and procmail doesn't run as suid (again, good)
it is impossible for procmail to
make lock files in /var/mail/
i have been thinking about this now for days,
and googled about but couldn't find anything.
i used sendmail+procmail before and didn't have
problems with lock files.
i would like to ask, what you others do,
if there's an "official" solution, and that
it could be put into the installation message
Visit your host, monkey.org