[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Mldonkey performance



Hi.

Im having problems with mldonkeys download speed. I have tried both the 2.5-4 relase from the ports tree as well as 3.5-21 release. 
Its always pending between 80 to 200 Kb/s, which is way to low. 

Steps ive been taking is:

1. My connection can handle at least 900 Kb/s wich i verified with scp and ftp.

2. I compared with a Linux box with the same release and config, and gets around 600Kb/s.

3. Ive set current-filedescriptors to max 1024, wich was the first bottle-neck.

4. Ive set NMBCLUSTER to 8000 something and max users to 64 and recompiled the kernel.

5. Verified all PF rules, and tried without any rules loaded.

6. Patched the 2.5-21 release with the latest path (g i believe).

Ive noticed that when i look at number of connections its always pending around the same numbers:

netstat -an | grep ESTAB | wc -l
     316

netstat -an | grep tcp | wc -l
     387

I do belive the problem could be here, but i have no clue on how to solve it.

Setup:

Dmesg:
OpenBSD 3.5 (GENERIC) #0: Mon Jul 12 16:13:50 CEST 2004
    root_(_at_)_xian_(_dot_)_dynu_(_dot_)_com:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
cpu0: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 1.80 GHz
cpu0: FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM
real mem  = 1072771072 (1047628K)
avail mem = 989687808 (966492K)
using 4278 buffers containing 53739520 bytes (52480K) of memory
mainbus0 (root)
bios0 at mainbus0: AT/286+(00) BIOS, date 03/18/02, BIOS32 rev. 0 @ 0xffe90
apm0 at bios0: Power Management spec V1.2
apm0: AC on, battery charge unknown
pcibios0 at bios0: rev. 2.1 @ 0xf0000/0x10000
pcibios0: PCI IRQ Routing Table rev. 1.0 @ 0xfbaa0/176 (9 entries)
pcibios0: PCI Interrupt Router at 000:31:0 ("Intel 82801BA LPC" rev 0x00)
pcibios0: PCI bus #2 is the last bus
bios0: ROM list: 0xc0000/0xc800 0xcc800/0x3800
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0: configuration mode 1 (no bios)
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel 82850 Host" rev 0x04: rng active, 7Kb/sec
ppb0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0 "Intel 82850/82860 AGP" rev 0x04
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
vga1 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "Nvidia GeForce3 Ti 500" rev 0xa3
wsdisplay0 at vga1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
ppb1 at pci0 dev 30 function 0 "Intel 82801BA AGP" rev 0x04
pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
emu0 at pci2 dev 7 function 0 "Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live" rev 0x0a: irq 3
ac97: codec id 0x54524123 (TriTech Microelectronics TR28602)
audio0 at emu0
"Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live Digital Input" rev 0x0a at pci2 dev 7 function 1 not configured
fxp0 at pci2 dev 8 function 0 "Intel 82557" rev 0x05: irq 10, address 00:08:c7:f3:48:4f
inphy0 at fxp0 phy 1: i82555 10/100 media interface, rev. 0
dc0 at pci2 dev 9 function 0 "Davicom Technologies DM9102" rev 0x31: irq 11, address 00:08:a1:1d:3d:cc
amphy0 at dc0 phy 1: Am79C873 10/100 media interface, rev. 0
"Texas Instruments TSB12LV26 FireWire" rev 0x00 at pci2 dev 10 function 0 not configured
pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 82801BA LPC" rev 0x04
pciide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 1 "Intel 82801BA IDE" rev 0x04: DMA, channel 0 wired to compatibility, channel 1 wired to compatibility
wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0: <WDC WD1000BB-75CHE0>
wd0: 16-sector PIO, LBA, 95396MB, 195371568 sectors
wd1 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 1: <IC35L120AVV207-0>
wd1: 16-sector PIO, LBA48, 117800MB, 241254720 sectors
wd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 5
wd1(pciide0:0:1): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 5
wd2 at pciide0 channel 1 drive 0: <ST3120026A>
wd2: 16-sector PIO, LBA48, 114473MB, 234441648 sectors
wd3 at pciide0 channel 1 drive 1: <IBM-DTLA-307045>
wd3: 16-sector PIO, LBA, 43979MB, 90069840 sectors
wd2(pciide0:1:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 5
wd3(pciide0:1:1): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 5
uhci0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 82801BA USB" rev 0x04: irq 11
usb0 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0 at usb0
uhub0: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub0: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
"Intel 82801BA SMBus" rev 0x04 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 not configured
uhci1 at pci0 dev 31 function 4 "Intel 82801BA USB2" rev 0x04: irq 9
usb1 at uhci1: USB revision 1.0
uhub1 at usb1
uhub1: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub1: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
isa0 at pcib0
isadma0 at isa0
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
pckbc0: using irq 12 for aux slot
wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
midi0 at pcppi0: <PC speaker>
sysbeep0 at pcppi0
lpt0 at isa0 port 0x378/4 irq 7
npx0 at isa0 port 0xf0/16: using exception 16
pccom0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0/6 irq 6 drq 2
biomask ca40 netmask ce40 ttymask dec2
pctr: user-level cycle counter enabled
dkcsum: wd0 matched BIOS disk 80
dkcsum: wd1 matched BIOS disk 81
dkcsum: wd2 matched BIOS disk 82
dkcsum: wd3 matched BIOS disk 83
root on wd0a
rootdev=0x0 rrootdev=0x300 rawdev=0x302

pstat:
pstat -T | wc -l
       619                 (not near 1024)

uptime:
uptime
12:11PM  up 1 day, 19:46, 1 user, load averages: 0.31, 0.24, 0.24

Top:
top
load averages:  0.29,  0.24,  0.24                                                                                                                   12:12:28
48 processes:  3 running, 45 idle
CPU states:  1.9% user,  0.0% nice,  1.1% system,  0.5% interrupt, 96.6% idle
Memory: Real: 275M/361M act/tot  Free: 642M  Swap: 0K/474M used/tot


With best regards / Jimmy.J drq 2
biomask ca40 netmask ce40 ttymask dec2
pctr: user-level cycle counter enabled
dkcsum: wd0 matched BIOS disk 80
dkcsum: wd1 matched BIOS disk 81
dkcsum: wd2 matched BIOS disk 82
dkcsum: wd