Re: NEW: xvidcore

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 05:16:29PM +0200, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> attached is a port for xvidcore, a high performance and high quality
> MPEG-4 video de-/encoding library.

install: =build/utils: Operation not permitted
  C: utils/
install: =build/utils: Operation not permitted
  C: utils/
install: =build/utils: Operation not permitted
  L: libxvidcore.a
  L: libxvidcore.so.4.0
install: =build/libxvidcore.def: chown/chgrp: Operation not permitted
*** Error code 71

Stop in /sandbox/portobj/xvidcore-1.0.1/xvidcore-1.0.1/build/generic (line 129 of Makefile).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mystuff/multimedia/xvidcore (line 1695 of /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).

It's using INSTALL macros in the build stage.

I don't think the build/link commands should be hidden.

The configure script doesn't have --enable-shared/--enable-static
options, so CONFIGURE_ARGS+=${CONFIGURE_SHARED} is rather useless.

Why the NOT_FOR_ARCHS=NO_SHARED_ARCHS?  Can't SHARED_LIB be set to ''
for NO_SHARED_ARCHS?  The LDFLAGS don't seem optimal either.  If I'm
not mistaken, the link command should be 'cc -shared -fPIC -o ${lib}
${objects} ${CFLAGS}'.

Shouldn't this go into ${PORTSDIR}/multimedia, CATEGORIES=multimedia?

> Additionally I attached an update for transcode and mplayer
> to actually use the library. Both tested on i386.

I'd rather not see transcode get bloated with dependencies, especially
since there will eventually be more ports that transcode can use.  Could
this be done as a (PSEUDO_)FLAVOR?  There is already the possibility of
using the new in-tree ImageMagick and libdv to build more transcode
modules.

Also, with fontconfig-2.2.2 now in -current XF4, the subtitler/text
modules can be built.

--
<jakemsr_(_at_)_jakemsr_(_dot_)_com>

Visit your host, monkey.org