ports & /distfiles

Hi,

I have the OBSD 3.4 3 CD set.

I have installed the ports tar file from CD #3 into /usr/ports.

So far so good.

So, I cd to what ever directory in ports and issue the make
command.

I now checks the /usr/ports/distfiles directory for the dist files
for this make and it's dependencies. If they aren't there it trys
to ftp them.

My questions:

- Are the distfiles included in the CD set? If so...could
someone tell me where...I can't find them.

- If they are on the CD, how do you tell make to look on the
CD and not ftp. I've seen references to this in some of the
online docs...but nothing very specific.

Thanks,
Mac

Bob "Mac" McIlvaine
36 Parker Rd.
Brookline, NH 03033
Phone: 603-673-5861
e-mail: suemac_(_at_)_empire_(_dot_)_net

Visit your host, monkey.org