Gnome 2.4.2 on macppc running latest snapshot

Hi,

I installed the latest snapshot on a 12" G4 PowerBook. I then installed
gnome-session with all its dependencies from the snapshot packages. That
went fine until I started X.

First Nautilus complained that it did not have a viewer to show
/home/nickus and /. After that it refused to start.

The panels comes up but when I try to run gnome-terminal nothing happens.
When I run gnome-terminal from an xterm I get the following error message:

** (gnome-terminal:31264): WARNING **: Error setting PTY size:
Inappropriate ioctl for device.
** (gnome-terminal:31264): WARNING **: Error reading PTY size, using
defaults: Inapppropriate ioctl for device.

On the positive side mozilla-firefox works just perfectly.

cheers,
Nickus