Samba 3 port

Hi

Is anyone working on a port of Samba 3? If not, then I propose to start working on one (but don't want to duplicate effort, hence this question).

I don't see anything in the CVS tree, but have found reports of success by compiling from the source. My initial experiments look promising.

However, the Samba 2.x port has a few annoyances, notably the inability of a user to change their password from Windows without an ugly hack, so I suspect there will be some work getting v3 to behave really well. Some of the options sound fun too.

Ben

-- Box Backup: Online backup for OpenBSD (and other UNIX-like OS) http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/