Re: Postfix/authdaemond/mount_union issue

On Mar 17, 2004, at 8:54 PM, Peter Hessler wrote:

# SASL2 Authentication Daemon
# This configuration sets saslauthd to use the system password file.
if [ -x /usr/local/sbin/saslauthd ]; then
        echo -n ' saslauthd';           /usr/local/sbin/saslauthd \
        -a getpwent -m /var/spool/postfix/var/sasl2
fi

WORKSFORME (Granted, its just doing normal auth, but the socket is created,
and postfix (in chroot) can handle it just fine).

I think this is very different than my setup, since Postfix loads all the necessary sasl stuff at startup (afaik). However, the sasl/authdaemond patch is fairly experiemental. I'm not using saslauthd at all.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting