[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Splitting the wget port to stable and devel
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Splitting the wget port to stable and devel
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:59:17 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.ports
Robert Nagy <thuglife_(_at_)_bsd_(_dot_)_hu> wrote:
> Hi. I'd like to ask you to split the wget
> port to a stable and a devel one. Or just
> update the current port to 1.9.1. But 1.9.1
> is not a stable version as the HOMEPAGE said.
So why would anybody care for the development version in this case?
Just about any port of actively maintained pieces of software could
be split into stable and snapshot versions, but we don't want to
go down that road.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de