RFC on smartutils port...

To all and sundry,

Came across this utility in the 'Linux Journal':

http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/

A write up of the tool is at:

It looked pretty useful (especially since a lot of us run our systems 24/7), and I didn't see anything in the port tree or on this mailing list for this, but I thought I'd ask. The closest thing that I've found is the symon utility (sysutils/symon). It has harddrive monitoring capabilities, but I think this is just for I/O usage on the harddrive. There's also sensorsd. But all's that I can see, from the rather limited documentation, is that this is just for temp, rotation, and the like. While this may be a bit out of my depth, I think it'd be useful to the OBSD community.

David

Visit your host, monkey.org