Re: Will somebody make a OpenOffice-Port? Fatal: procfs mounted at

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 05:15:50PM +0100, Rembrandt wrote:
> What's about JAVA?
> I heared that the fBSD-Project will (or is?) develop a java-runtime for fBSD.
> If this is right are there any plans to port it to oBSD?
> This question could be too much for this topic but OpenOffice deals also with java. :)

There are beta patches for JDK 1.3.1 and 1.4.1, which are working (somewhat).
This patches support FreeBSD 4.7+, 5.x and NetBSD, so with some work it
should be possible to get it to run under OpenBSD to. The JIT compiler
could be problems and needs good threading. IIRC having a JDK 1.3 (for 1.0)
or JDK 1.4 (for OO 1.1) is a requirement for the native build process.

Joerg