[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Will somebody make a OpenOffice-Port? Fatal: procfs mounted at
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Will somebody make a OpenOffice-Port? Fatal: procfs mounted at
- From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg_(_at_)_britannica_(_dot_)_bec_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:05:19 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 05:15:50PM +0100, Rembrandt wrote:
> What's about JAVA?
> I heared that the fBSD-Project will (or is?) develop a java-runtime for fBSD.
> If this is right are there any plans to port it to oBSD?
> This question could be too much for this topic but OpenOffice deals also with java. :)
There are beta patches for JDK 1.3.1 and 1.4.1, which are working (somewhat).
This patches support FreeBSD 4.7+, 5.x and NetBSD, so with some work it
should be possible to get it to run under OpenBSD to. The JIT compiler
could be problems and needs good threading. IIRC having a JDK 1.3 (for 1.0)
or JDK 1.4 (for OO 1.1) is a requirement for the native build process.
Visit your host, monkey.org