Re: Failed to build python2.2 with current sbnapshot

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 10:11:00AM -0600, Mark Zimmerman wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 05:44:23PM +0200, Julian Leyh wrote:
> > On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:50:49 -0600
> > Mark Zimmerman <markzimm_(_at_)_frii_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
> >
> > > ./python: can't load library 'libpython2.2.so.0.0'
> >
> > > $ ldd ./libpython2.2.so.0.0
> >
> > you haven't installed it yet... (you are using the ./)
> > libpython2.2.so.0.0 should be in one of the paths ldconfig
> > looks. (defined in /etc/rc* as shlib_dirs).
> > run "make install" and it should be put to the right places (unless you
> > have changed the prefix).
>
> I can not install it because it will not build the package. The
> package will not build because python must be executed in the build
> process (This is to byte-compile a bunch of modules). Normally, the
> build process gets this to work, presumably via LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
> something like it.
>
> I still think that the 'Exec format error' emitted by ldd indicates
> the real problem.

oops, maybe not. I have gotten accustomed to the fact that you can do
ldd on shared libraries in Solaris but apparently this is not the case
in OpenBSD.

Still, I built this from ports a few months ago after installing the
first W^X i386 snapshot and had no problems.

-- Mark