More cyrus-sasl2 (following up to: Re: cyrus-sasl2)

Hi,

sorry for making yet another thread out of this, I just recently went
from a daily digest back to 'realtime' on this list.

Until yesterday, I was running 3.3-stable, now I'm -current. To get
everything right, I installed (no upgrade) the June 15th snapshot and
rebuilt the base tonight. So far so good.

> <sl_ugger_(_at_)_sbcglobal_(_dot_)_net> wrote:
>> I may be blind, stupid, or both...but I'm running excruciatingly
>> -current and when I try the cyrus-sasl2 port, I notice that configure
>> guesses that the gssapi implementation is mit (which, no, I didn't
>> install, thank you very much) and then proceeds to splat because ld
>> can't find libgssapi_krb5...which doesn't surprise me.
> Doesn't happen here.
> checking GSSAPI... with implementation heimdal

This problem happened here, too. The exact error message is

[...]
cc -Wall -W -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/kerberosV -L/usrl/local/lib
-L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -o .libs/dbconverter-2 dbconverter-2.o
../sasldb/.libs/libsasldb.al -L../lib/.libs -lsasl2 -lcrypto
-lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgssapi_krb5
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1

Stop in
/usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl2/w-cyrus-sasl2-2.1.11/build-i386/utils
(line 422 of Makefile).
[...]

I tried both the sasl2 port of -current and -stable, I get the same
error with each - something that didn't happen when I was still using
-stable. Maybe there's a hidden dependency that is no problem as long as
some 3.3-stable/release files remained on the disk? As I said, I
completely nuked my 3.3-stable and installed the snapshot from scratch.

Hope that helps,

Moritz