[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: User names created by ports
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: User names created by ports
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 22:51:21 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.ports
Christian Weisgerber <naddy_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org> wrote:
> 1. Share the leading underscore between system and ports: _squid,
> _postgresql, etc. The last time I brought this up, Theo suggested
> that it needs to be thought through...
Well, pval@ strongly favors _name and nobody has managed to think
of a realistic issue with that. There are only ten system _names
in passwd right now. We don't think collisions are going to be an
issue. So, _user (and _group) it will be.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de