Re: patch attempts to apply patches/*,v

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 10:02:35PM +0200, Wouter Clarie wrote:

> > There are  only two situations  where you should build  a port
> > from source: A) the package  doesn't exist (usually because of
> > licensing restrictions); or  ii) you need to  do some peculiar
> > kind of customization as part of the build process.
>
> C) You are running -current on i386

Well, if you're running -current, then either you know what you're
doing (in which case you're not borking your ports tree) or you're
using a  snapshot (as I  am) and  the packages for  that snapshot.
After all, it's the snapshots and packages that need testing, no?

Cheers,

b&

--
Ben Goren
 mailto:ben_(_at_)_trumpetpower_(_dot_)_com