Re: patch attempts to apply patches/*,v

Redirecting to ports@ where this belongs....

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 09:11:21PM +0200, Hanspeter Roth wrote:

> > Your ports tree is fucked up.
>
> Who knows.

We do. Nuke your ports tree and  get a clean copy. Don't mess with
CVSup. I've never had much luck with  it, and it's always seemed a
whole heck of  a lot more complicated that it  needs to be. Take a
minute to read:

    http://openbsd.trumpetpower.com/anoncvs.html

The time you take will be repaid sevenfold.

Or,  *far* better,  use  packages. There are  only two  situations
where you should build a  port from source: A) the package doesn't
exist (usually because of licensing restrictions); or ii) you need
to do  some peculiar kind  of customization  as part of  the build
process.

Cheers,

b&

--
Ben Goren
 mailto:ben_(_at_)_trumpetpower_(_dot_)_com