Re: [new port] vorbisgain-0.32

Christian Weisgerber <naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de> wrote:
> Han Boetes <han_(_at_)_mijncomputer_(_dot_)_nl> wrote:
>
> >   http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software/ports/vorbisgain-0.32.tar.gz
>
> Ogg Vorbis is my territory, I'll look at this.
>
> Ripping out an included copy of GNU getopt is not worth the effort.

I didn't do it because I don't like the GNU-license. The comments in the
file suggest that it is actually better to use a local getopt version if
availeble.

> If you feel strongly about this, then send the upstream author the
> necessary configure.ac/Makefile.am patches to properly detect the
> presence of getopt_long() and only build getopt.c etc when the
> function is otherwise unavailable.

Well he has commented the file saying something like ``This is the
easiest way to solve this, easier than adding --with-local-getopt
configure option''. So I suppose this is what he had in mind.

Also I would like to mention that I like the results. I don't have to
change the volumes all the time, at least for ogg files. I am still
looking for a decent mp3 tagger.

# Han
--
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software