htdig 3.1.6, viable to do on openbsd?

looking through the ports on current, 3.2 & 3.1 don't see htdig.

some email traffic, minimal on the lists,
http://www.sigmasoft.com/~openbsd/archive/openbsd-ports/200110/msg00262.html
http://www.sigmasoft.com/~openbsd/archive/openbsd-misc/200205/msg00532.html
basically concurring that their is no port.

That said, before I reinvented the wheel I wanted to check the list and
see if someone has a 'test' port of htdig, latest version 3.1.6  (over a
year old), and to see if their is a reason why 'not' to use it nor port
it. And I'll try it on current i386, 3.3  - yes way to late for freezed
but good to know if it will work.

else;

the freebsd port is here-
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/textproc/htdig/
and may be a good starting place to work up a port for openbsd.

-paul