Re: NEW: cyrus-imapd-2.1.12

Hi All,

Comments below...

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Giard [mailto:cgiard_(_dot_)_ports_(_at_)_magerealm_(_dot_)_com]
Sent: 02 March 2003 07:30
To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Subject: Re: NEW: cyrus-imapd-2.1.12

<-- snip -->

>>> Would putting this step into the cyrus-setup script be sufficient?
>>> I am trying to cut down on the amount of manual work that has to be
>>> done post install.
>>
>> INSTALL script in pkg/.
>
> That is where it is currently done.  Sebastian was pointing out that he
> didn't like that it was automatically modified from there, so I was
> trying to determine if the post installation setup script would be a
> more appropriate place in his mind.
>
> -Chris

I think what the original comment was trying to say was that the
poster doesn't like _anything_ in /etc being automatically edited
by a package, and prefers to do modifications in /etc by hand.

I agree with this philosophy - what's wrong with a well written
README.OpenBSD file in /usr/local/share/doc/<pkgname>?

Michael

<http://www.intec-telecom-systems.com/>

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged
and/or copyright material of Independent Technology Systems Limited
(or its affiliated companies). If you are not the intended or authorised recipient
of this email or have received it in error, please delete it immediately and
notify the sender by e-mail. In such a case reading, reproducing, printing or
further dissemination of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Independent Technology Systems Limited does not represent or warrant that
an attachment hereto is free from computer viruses or other defects.

The opinions expressed in this e-mail and any of the attachments may
be those of the author and are not necessarily those of Independent
Technology Systems Limited.