Re: Less than happy about stunnel 4 in ports

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 10:28:53PM -0700, Peter Valchev wrote:
> > Updated my i386 machine to -current today including the packages.
> >
> > Was less than happy about the move from stunnel 3.22 to 4.04.
> ..
> First of all as you said, this has not much to do with OpenBSD and is a
> 'design' problem w/ stunnel which you should discuss with them, not us.

Don't worry, I will.

> Second of all you should have asked the maintainer or just simply looked
> at the cvs logs to see why the port was updated (sometimes there is a
> good reason to not update), and in this case it seems:
>
> date: 2003/01/13 08:48:14;  author: jakob;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
> update to version 4.04, fixes unsafe SIGCHLD handler. also some new
> features.
>
> So I think it is quite justified, and there is no need whatsoever to
> keep old outdated ports w/ potential problems in the tree.

Sir, that message is for the change from stunnel 4.03 to 4.04. It
has nothing to do with the move from 3.22 to 4.x which is covered
by revision 1.24 of the Makefile.

--
Hugo Villeneuve <hugo_(_at_)_EINTR_(_dot_)_net>
http://EINTR.net/