Re: Postfix version 2.0 pre-announcement (fwd)

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 jakob_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org wrote:

> an update to 1.1.12-20021219 mentioned below was just committed, please
> test and send me comments so we can get a good postfix-2.0 package at
> release.

the postfix smtp server will - starting with 2.0 - reject mail for unknown
local users. if the smtp server is running chrooted, which is default in
openbsd, you need to keep /etc/passwd in sync with
/var/spool/postfix/etc/passwd or adjust the setting of the
local_recipient_maps parameter in main.cf.

should this be handled automatically in any way? we could copy /etc/passwd
to /var/spool/postfix/etc/passwd on installation, but then people would
probably forget to update it afterwards since it most likely will change.
we could also build a postfix where the default configuration disables
this feature.

what do people think about this?

	jakob