Re: New Port faac (AAC encoder)

Claudio Jeker <cjeker_(_at_)_diehard_(_dot_)_n-r-g_(_dot_)_com> wrote:

> > There's an autoconf dependency missing.
>
> Is this a explicit BUILD_DEPENDS/FETCH_DEPENDS dependency

(Certainly not FETCH_DEPENDS.  You don't need autoconf to get the
distfile.)

> or is something like CONFIGURE_STYLE=autoconf enough.

CONFIGURE_STYLE=autoconf includes a BUILD_DEPENDS and also runs
autoconf after post-patch.

Your choices are:
- BUILD_DEPENDS
- CONFIGURE_STYLE=autoconf and remove autoconf call from bootstrap

Personally, I'd use the latter.  Seeing how we're gutting that
bootstrap script, maybe we should ignore it and just run the remaining
commands in post-patch ourselves?

> I used the audio/faad Makefile as template which would need the
> same change.

I'll have a look.  Just who submitted this anyway?  The original
import says "from maintainer", but MAINTAINER is empty.

> Is this <malloc.h> stuff a win32 thing?

I think it's a System V thing from the pre-POSIX days.  At least
<malloc.h> was only ever created in BSD for SysV compatibility.
Today it's kept alive by Linux/glibc.  I mean who cares that the
man page says to include <stdlib.h> for malloc(), when there's this
wonderful malloc.h lying around?

> I normaly use faac -m 4 -o LC audio.wav audio.aac
> The wav should be a 16 or 8bit PCM encoded (little endian) sound file.

Wait, should the .wav be a WAV or a (raw) "16 or 8-bit PCM encoded
little endian sound file"?