Re: New Port faac (AAC encoder)

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 01:04:36AM +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Claudio Jeker <cjeker_(_at_)_diehard_(_dot_)_n-r-g_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
>
> > http://diehard.n-r-g.com/stuff/openbsd/faac.tar.gz
>
> There's an autoconf dependency missing.

Is this a explicit BUILD_DEPENDS/FETCH_DEPENDS dependency or is something
like CONFIGURE_STYLE=autoconf enough. I used the audio/faad Makefile as
template which would need the same change.

> If you add "--include-deps" to the automake call in bootstrap,
> you'll get portable Makefiles and can remove the gmake dependency.

OK.

> Remove those CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS assignments from the Makefile.am's,
> they are useless and prevent our values from being picked up.
> LDFLAGS is abused, too.  (Also try to convince the upstream maintainer
> of this.)

Will try it. I guess I have to send them another patch set to the
maintainer (the big/little endian patch I made was commited a few days
ago).

> In libfaac/util.h, #include <malloc.h> should fetch <stdlib.h>
> instead.  And <memory.h> should probably be <string.h>.  (Should
> be fixed upstream.  I mean, we're not in the 1980s any longer.)

Is this <malloc.h> stuff a win32 thing? Because neither memory.h nor
malloc.h are used in the man files since almost 10 years.

> frontend/input.c is also missing an #include <string.h>.

Added.

> How am I supposed to use this?
>
> naddy_(_at_)_bardioc[~] faac audio.wav audio.aac
> FAAC version 1.13 (beta) (Dec 20 2002)
> Bit rate: 64000 bps per channel
> Cutoff frequency is 16000 Hz
> Encoding audio.wav
>    frame          | elapsed/estim | play/CPU | ETA
> Floating point exception (core dumped)
> naddy_(_at_)_bardioc[~] uname -m
> alpha

I normaly use faac -m 4 -o LC audio.wav audio.aac
The wav should be a 16 or 8bit PCM encoded (little endian) sound file.

But my guess is that there are more 64bit issues in the code. I already
fixed a few. Can you send me a backtrace then I will have a look at it over
the holidays.

thanks for the report
--
:wq Claudio