Re: incorrect usage of "ar"

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 17:13:02 -0700
"Todd C. Miller" <Todd_(_dot_)_Miller_(_at_)_courtesan_(_dot_)_com> wrote:

> After talking with Theo I decided to make the OpenBSD ar behave
> like the Solaris and GNU versions.  There's just no point in making
> people's lives any harder than they need to be :-)

Perhaps it's still interesting to show the warning but just not bail
out. This way these incorrect usage can be more easily found and fixed.
Something like:

/* -dmqr require a list of archive elements. */
if (options & (AR_D|AR_M|AR_Q|AR_R) && !*argv) {
	warnx("no archive members specified, continuing anyway");
}

// nick

Visit your host, monkey.org