Re: x11/mplayer dumps core in -current

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 04:04:38PM +0100, Björn Sandell wrote:
> Seems as if it's dumping before mplayer erally gets started, so then it's
> not really mplayers fault. Have you tried running mplayer under gdb, eg
>
> gdb `which mplayer`
> (gdb) run

you're probably right - it bombs pretty soon (please
see the gdb output below). But what does it mean?

Regards
Alex

newhope:alex {32} gdb `which mplayer`
warning: failed to install memory consistency checks; configuration should define NO_MMCHECK or MMCHECK_FORCE
GNU gdb 4.16.1
This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-openbsd3.2"...
(gdb) l
489     /*
490      * In Mac OS X the SDL-lib is built upon Cocoa. The easiest way to
491      * make it all work is to use the builtin SDL-bootstrap code, which
492      * will be done automatically by replacing our main() if we include SDL.h.
493      */
494     #if defined(SYS_DARWIN) && defined(HAVE_SDL)
495     #include <SDL.h>
496     #endif
497
498     int main(int argc,char* argv[]){
(gdb) b 498
Breakpoint 1 at 0x4400: file mplayer.c, line 498.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/mplayer

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
The program no longer exists.
You can't do that without a process to debug
(gdb) bt
No stack.
(gdb)