Re: Problems with gcc inline asm

I had some success with Christian "naddy" Weisgerber help.
Here is a short summary of our mail exchange.

> My problem is, that OpenBSDs old gcc and especially as does not support
> inline mmx assembler.

You could try to use the assembler from the devel/binutils/stable
port.  (I'm not sure it understands MMX, but it might.)

> Do you know if there is a possibility to overload the internal as of gcc?

You can put it in front in the PATH search order.  E.g., x11/mplayer
uses this:

post-patch:
	@ln -s ${LOCALBASE}/${MACHINE_ARCH}-unknown-openbsd${OPSYS_VER}/bin/as ${WRKDIR}/bin/as

Now the inline asm compiles but generates some warnings like:
idct_mmx.c: At top level:
idct_mmx.c:538: warning: alignment of `rounder0' is greater than maximum
object file alignment. Using 4.
idct_mmx.c:540: warning: alignment of `rounder4' is greater than maximum
object file alignment. Using 4.

--
:wq Claudio