Re: update gnucash

On Tuesday 17 September 2002 17:40, Todd T. Fries wrote:
> http://todd.fries.net/pub/g-wrap.tgz
> http://todd.fries.net/pub/gnucash.tgz
> http://todd.fries.net/pub/guppi.tgz
>
> I can cleanly compile and install gnucash.  But I have yet to track
> down the silly error:
>
> todd:101$ gnucash
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
> ERROR: file not found
> todd:102$
>
> I know there were two individuals who expressed interest in this,
> nabbed a copy of my prior work as a starting point, and to the best
> of my knowledge we've not heard from either again.

If one of those inviduals was me, you'll notice I submitted my port of
g-wrap to the list on the 8th.  I've been working on Guppi, but ran
into some trouble, and haven't had much time to work on it.  "Real"
work has been busy as of late, and I'm preparing to move, so little
time to spend on the hacking and fun work.

> Here is a 'better starting point' in the least.  Perhaps someone who
> understands scheme better than I can understand why I had to do what
> I did to make g-wrap work, I think it may be in there somewhere that
> the problem lies.

If you hade it crash during build in g-wrapped/, its because you need to
use gmake.  the g-wrapped/Makefile has a rather non-portable shell
command construct in there.  After that, I had no trouble, and g-wrap
appears to work fine.

What I can't get working is Guppi, what configure options did you use?

--
--Greetings,
Adam Skutt

Visit your host, monkey.org