[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: New port: apache2
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: New port: apache2
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 23:49:05 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.ports
Sam Smith <S_(_at_)_mSmith_(_dot_)_net> wrote:
> -- it installs into /usr/local/apache2 to avoid clobbering anything
I don't like this.
I'm not certain where to put the server root and how to resolve the
name conflicts between the commands of the base system apache and
this port (adding a prefix or suffix?), but dumping it all outside
our normal hierarchy is bad.
Some inspiration can be drawn from the FreeBSD port, but they don't
have to solve all of this.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de