Re: zsh RCS option and startup files problem

"Valery Kobrin" <vkobrin_(_at_)_hotmail_(_dot_)_com> wrote:

> I've installed zsh v.4.0.4 on OpenBSD 3.1 and i386 platform.
> It's assumed that RCS option should be set by default, when
> zsh is started during a login, but I've found that it is not
> set.

in fact, it is set by default.  both GLOBALRCS and RCS are...  have
you referred to any of the zsh docs out there?  have a look at
http://zsh.sunsite.dk/Guide/zshguide02.html if you've not done so
already.

> The problem is that only /etc/zshenv, ~/.zshenv and
> ~/.zshrc are sourced out of all startup files. I tried to
> set RCS option from /etc/zshenv file

i would suggest the first step is to move /etc/zshenv out of the
way.

well, i personally do not use /etc/zshenv .  to me it has always
seemed a bit redundant to do so.  regardless, you do have an
/etc/profile i assume?

personally, i have found the best course of action for the init of
zsh is to link /etc/zprofile to /etc/profile and only use ~/.zprofile
and ~/.zshrc ...
--
Cheers,
Jeffrey Allen Neitzel