zsh RCS option and startup files problem

I've installed zsh v.4.0.4 on OpenBSD 3.1 and i386 platform.
It's assumed that RCS option should be set by default, when
zsh is started during a login, but I've found that it is not
set. The problem is that only /etc/zshenv, ~/.zshenv and
~/.zshrc are sourced out of all startup files. I tried to
set RCS option from /etc/zshenv file, but it's not set anyway.
So, there are two problems:
- how to set RCS option if it is not set by default, so that
  all startup files would be sourced;
- why it is not set by default, though it should.

Below are options set by default (marked by D), and those set
via ~/.zshrc, and my startup files.

# setopt
autocd
extendedglob
histignorealldups
histignorespace
incappendhistory
interactive (D)
mailwarning
monitor (D)
sharehistory
shinstdin (D)
zle (D)
#

# /etc/zshenv
# system wide file for non-interactive zshells

typeset -U path cdpath manpath fpath
path=($path /usr/local/bin /usr/local/sbin)
export path

setopt RCS

# /etc/zprofile file
# System wide
source ~/.zprofile

# .zprofile file
# User specific environment and startup programs

ENV=$HOME/.zshrc
export ENV

# /etc/zlogin file
# System wide
source ~/.zlogin

# .zlogin file
# User specific environment and startup programs

xbiff -geometry 48x50+740+462 &

uptime
msgs -fp