Re: proposal for new port

J.A. Neitzel <jneitzel_(_at_)_sdf_(_dot_)_lonestar_(_dot_)_org> wrote:

> anyway, i am looking into adding Nail to the ports & packages
> collection.  it is Nail (a mail user agent); it is derived from
> our favourite mailer, BSD (Berkeley) Mail 8.1.  i suppose i should
> ask, "is anybody else *already* working on this as a port?"

I informally keep the FreeBSD port up to date.  I can easily do an
OpenBSD port, but being a mutt person I don't use nail myself.

> as a sidenote, [Gunnar Ritter] also has a vi port.

Yes, vi as in the original Bill Joy vi.  Last time I checked, the
build blew up spectacularly and I didn't have enough interest to
look into it.  It is a very compact little thing, but once you're
used to something like our nvi--not to mention, say, vim--you realize
just how primitive the original vi really is.