[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: sparc64 ports breakage
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: sparc64 ports breakage
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:32:29 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.ports
Artur Grabowski <art_(_at_)_blahonga_(_dot_)_org> wrote:
> I sent out diffs that modify qt3 and konqueror-embedded to depend on gcc3.1
> and build with it.
Yes, but we are not going to kludge up the ports tree like that.
Setting CC=egcc CXX=eg++ should be enough to build a port with those
compilers. Ports that don't honor these variables are _broken_ and
need to be fixed. (Ports that use the perl or imake configuration
are exempted from this requirement.)
We'll investigate building the ports tree with gcc3.1 on sparc64.
I doubt that we are going to formalize this with something like
FreeBSD's USE_GCC=<version>, but we'll see.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de
Visit your host, monkey.org