Re: sparc64 ports breakage

Artur Grabowski <art_(_at_)_blahonga_(_dot_)_org> wrote:

> I sent out diffs that modify qt3 and konqueror-embedded to depend on gcc3.1
> and build with it.

Yes, but we are not going to kludge up the ports tree like that.

Setting CC=egcc CXX=eg++ should be enough to build a port with those
compilers.  Ports that don't honor these variables are _broken_ and
need to be fixed.  (Ports that use the perl or imake configuration
are exempted from this requirement.)

We'll investigate building the ports tree with gcc3.1 on sparc64.
I doubt that we are going to formalize this with something like
FreeBSD's USE_GCC=<version>, but we'll see.