[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Mindterm port needs to go away...
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Mindterm port needs to go away...
- From: Hannah Schröter <hannah_(_at_)_schlund_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:40:25 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Organization: Schlund + Partner AG
On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 08:22:51AM -0700, Marc Matteo wrote:
>The folks at AppGate are no longer providing MindTerm for free.
>Therefore our port should go away, or be stubbed, or whatever the powers
>that be feel would be appropriate.
Or if the license of the last free version (I see "non-commercial only")
allows, s/o could mirror the last "free" version if it's useful enough
for many enough users, and the port could use that copy.
However, if it was binary only (i.e. Java bytecode only), it'll
suffer bit rot anyway, i.e. become useless in future.