[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: irssi: Checksum mismatch.
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: irssi: Checksum mismatch.
- From: Han <han_(_at_)_mijncomputer_(_dot_)_nl>
- Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 03:58:19 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
lurene_(_at_)_daemonkitty_(_dot_)_net (lurene_(_at_)_daemonkitty_(_dot_)_net) wrote:
> The reason most people build from source is to ensure that it has not
> been tampered with in any way (ie a back door added). So, if you
> download source for the ports tree, and you decide to override the bad
> checksum, or you are sending an updated checksum to this list please
> please please run a quick eye over the source to make sure no one
> added something evil. Thats part of the reason I'm sure the checksums
Yes, let this be a lesson for the future never to update checksums
without a very good reason. I think it would be a very good idea to
inform the author of the package that the checksum has changed.