[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Snapshot reveals widespread breakage
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Snapshot reveals widespread breakage
- From: Peter Valchev <pvalchev_(_at_)_sightly_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:01:28 -0600
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
> I'm currently building a i386 packages snapshot and ports are dying
> right and left. There are several distinct areas of breakage:
I was about to send out the same note, as a result of a full package
build on macppc. Following is a list of all broken ports on macppc
math/R f77: MAIN_ undefined, how to fix: define stubs,
or use -u MAIN_
crossfire-client macppc not recognised, config.guess perhaps
isync rc file was not built/produced, packaging failed
libao-esd .so plugin/module not produced, libtool issues?
net/libdnet PF changed in -current
graphics/libwmf XF4 freetype probs?
php4 mcrypt flavor?
unicon builds, does not run?
OpenSSL-related (see end of mail):
mail/fetchmail (fgs said he's looking into it)
mail/imaputils-uw -ldes ? due to new openssl stuff
I did not get the SDL breakage naddy reported, probably because of
difference in the linker. I will have to look into it further..
The OpenSSL breakage is caused by the serious API changes they made in
the new release. We are the first ones who adopted this new OpenSSL so
for now we are on our own to fix these, or wait for the authors to adopt
the new version...
The 2 main things I have noticed so far:
- anything using kerberos will fail because of some conflicts with new
openssl as to libdes situation
- the crypto engine interface in new openssl has changed completely.
Visit your host, monkey.org