Re: Where to put additional documentation?

Jose Nazario wrote:
> On Wed, 22 May 2002, Sebastian Stark wrote:
>
> > I don't see a problem with the above code but how would we handle more
> > than one port with a docfile called "doc.html" that clashes with
> > another port's documentation in DISTDIR?
>
> you have two choices:
>
> 	rename it to something a lot more sensible (ie ${progname}.html)
> 	file it in /usr/local/share/${progname}

This does not solve the problem of having two ports use the same
filename in DISTDIR. You had to overwrite do-fetch to save the file
under a distinct name. And renaming after the download would break
mirroring of distfiles.

--
Free your mind and your ass will follow -- http://www.funkaffair.de

Visit your host, monkey.org