[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: gcc 3.1 update
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.1 update
- From: Han <han_(_at_)_mijncomputer_(_dot_)_nl>
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 20:19:33 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Miod Vallat (miod_(_at_)_online_(_dot_)_fr) wrote:
> > What's the timetable for 3.0.4 being in-tree?
> 3.0.x: never
> 3.1.x: has first to prove itself stable on all supported platforms,
> and decent speed vs. optimisation ratio.
> No in-tree gcc change will occur until after 3.2 anyways.
This question should be in tech@ I think but.
This compiler needs testing, right? So maybe it is an idea to put up a
faq that explains how to build ports/kernels/source whatever with the
new compiler and how to report bugs with it.
Or if you rather not be bugged with it at all for the moment a note that
says not to try it since you are already doing it and any help from us
won't be usefull at this stage.
Visit your host, monkey.org