[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: re-enabling cpu auto-detection in mplayer
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: re-enabling cpu auto-detection in mplayer
- From: Jesper Louis Andersen <jlouis_(_at_)_jlouis_(_dot_)_dk>
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 14:45:41 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: Jesper Louis Andersen <jlouis_(_at_)_jlouis_(_dot_)_dk>, ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 11:01:36PM -0400, David Lebel wrote:
> Quoting Marc Espie (espie_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net):
> > FLAVORS=i386 i486 i586 i686 ...
> I don't think you can play, realistically enough, movie files under a
> i386 or a i486 (mp3s strech a 486 to its limit). Thus, that would leave
> only the 586 and 686.
You are correct here. Though the i586 and i686 has a very different
core, so they need to be distinguished. Yet, I don't think you can
(software) decode movies on a i586.
Which leaves us with a i686 and MMX/SSE2 and the like.
> There are I think athlon flags in gcc, but are they really a reliable?
There are no -mathlon flag (on 2.95.3 at least) mentioned in the gcc man
page. Though, several configurations of -f parameters can probably do
make up for that one.
Visit your host, monkey.org