nut

i'm trying to run nut 0.50.0-pre4 on my openbsd 3.0 box. since the nut
port is made for an older version, and since a lot of things have
changed from nut-0.4x.x to nut-0.50.x i've hacked a bit the original
port and i was able somehow to build my own package and install it.
however i have a problem....

# /usr/local/sbin/upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 0.20 (0.50.0-pre4)
Network UPS Tools - Generic UPS driver 0.60 (0.50.0-pre4)
ups.conf: Can't open configuration file
ups.conf parsing failed

^^^^ these means that upsdrvctl read the config file and ran the generic
driver properly, so i suppose the error message is printed by the
generic driver, however if upsdrvctl can read the config file why the
driver can't?

# ls -ld /etc/nut/
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  512 May  9 15:18 /etc/nut/

# ls -l /etc/nut/ups.conf
-rw-r-----  1 root  wheel  3827 May  9 14:56 /etc/nut/ups.conf

# ls -l genericups
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  dialer  58137 May  9 13:40 genericups

# ls -l /dev/cua01
crw-rw----  1 uucp  dialer    8, 129 Feb 19 18:57 /dev/cua01

^^^ these are just to show that file permission should be ok. i think
it's not necessary for genericups to be in the dialer group but i tried
to set this just to see if that was the problem.

# strings /usr/local/sbin/genericups | grep etc
/etc/nut

^^^ the two lines above imho says that genericups knows that ups.conf
is into /etc/nut (i looked in sources, makefiles etc so i'm pretty sure
that those lines really say that B) however i can't understand why it
says it can't find the config file...

i may suspect it prints that message for another reason, but i can't
find which :|

--

    Shiva

  "Better true to yourself