[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: New Port: edonkey2000
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: New Port: edonkey2000
- From: Marc Espie <espie_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 12:46:05 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: espie_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net
On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 04:05:30AM +0200, Sebastian Stark wrote:
> This is a napster-like filesharing tool, running under linux emulation.
> Please test. Particularly please someone look at the license stuff, I
> don't know how to handle something that has no obvious license.
Nice surprise. Last time I tried edonkey, our linux emulation was not
up to speed for it.
No license: obvious, not redistributable.
On the other hand, you're deeply confused about dependencies.
- does edonkey really need to be striped to work ? If it does, the redhat
dependency is a BUILD_DEPENDS.
- I don't believe a static binary is going to need redhat base around to