Re: New Port: edonkey2000

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 04:05:30AM +0200, Sebastian Stark wrote:

> This is a napster-like filesharing tool, running under linux emulation.
>
> Please test. Particularly please someone look at the license stuff, I
> don't know how to handle something that has no obvious license.

Nice surprise. Last time I tried edonkey, our linux emulation was not
up to speed for it.

No license: obvious, not redistributable.

On the other hand, you're deeply confused about dependencies.

- does edonkey really need to be striped to work ? If it does, the redhat
dependency is a BUILD_DEPENDS.
- I don't believe a static binary is going to need redhat base around to
run.