Re: mplayer (preview)

Jean-Yves Burlett (jean-yves_(_at_)_burlett_(_dot_)_org) wrote:

>     DW> if you add the -framedrop flag it will sync just fine with the
>     DW> x11 driver.  when I finally got the XVideo driver to work i
>     DW> didn't need -framedrop, but with it i didn't notice frames
>     DW> missing and is synced just fine.
>
> I'm using the Xv driver. There are no missing frames. The out-of-sync
> I was speaking about is a lag between audio and video that keep
> getting bigger from the beginning of the dvd til the end. After
> reading the mplayer mailing-lists, it seems it is some problem a lot
> of people have (or have had).
>
> The strange thing is that the cpu is idle at about 30% and I asked for
> a I/O cache of about 64Ko so I don't see what causes this lag.

There is a much faster driver than the xv driver:

This is my cvs script for linux:

  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous:@mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer co main
  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous:@cvs.ffmpeg.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co ffmpeg

  rm -rf main/libavcodec
  mv ffmpeg/libavcodec main

  cd main && ./configure && make && sudo make install

  rm -rf main
  rm -fr ffmpeg

It downloads and installs the ffmpeg driver.

These are my settings from my .mplayer/config:

  framedrop       = yes   # drop frames, when not in sync (slow CPU, videocard,
                          # etc)

  vfm             = 5     # use libavcodec video codec family (you know,
                          # opensource DivX for example.. So preferred
                          # default on
                          # non-x86 boxes)

  cache           = 16384 # use 8Mb input cache by default

I don't know what the results with OpenBSD are but give it a spin.

Cya, Han.