Re: empty packages

On Sun, 05 May 2002 21:31:51 +0200
Michael Agbaglo <byteshifter_(_at_)_shifted-bytes_(_dot_)_de> wrote:

> just about building my first ports and although they install w/o any
>   problems they are crap:
>

> # tar xvfz p5-Archive-Zip-1.00.tgz
> +CONTENTS
> +COMMENT
> +DESC

And in addition to what the others have already said: I've gotten this
problem with my first port as well. My guess is that it uses cp instead
of install. Check the Makefile of the program to make sure. Recently
there have been changes to bsd.port.mk to make sure it does not install
any files outside of the fake dir, but these aren't in version 1.515
that you seem to use. Also, I have no idea if it will catch if the port
copies files instead of installing them.

// nick

Visit your host, monkey.org