Re: PLEASE TEST snapshots

dreamwvr <dreamwvr_(_at_)_dreamwvr_(_dot_)_com> wrote:

>   Anyone have a basic idea on the diskspace required to compile
> all the ports say in i386? I would appreciate that.

/usr/ports/distfiles        1.6G
/usr/ports/packages/i386    1.3G
/usr/local                  1.0G
/usr/obj                    1.0G    (WRKOBJDIR=/usr/obj)

The obj figure assumes that you build with the bulk-packages target
and BIN_PACKAGES=Yes.  bulk-packages will do a recursive clean after
each successful build, so you need only as much object space as
required by the largest dependency chain to be resolved in the
default build order and by accumulating work directories from ports
that didn't build.  1G should be plenty at the moment.

If you do an old style build where all the obj directories are left
around, you will need much more space.  I don't think anybody has
done that lately, so I don't have any figures, but I'd estimate on
the order of 15G for obj in that case.